Prpmetheus Build Help **VERY FRUSTRATED** HELP!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vape Noob

Question Prpmetheus Build Help **VERY FRUSTRATED** HELP!!

So I have had the Prometheus for a few weeks. The guy at a brick and mortar here and Oregon built it the first time. It was the best vape I have ever had for 3 weeks and I went back to him but he couldn't seem to recreate it..=( I couldn't seem to get it working and now He couldn't build it like he did one the first time. The first build was dual 26G coil that were 0.44 ( I KNOW ITS LOW SONY 30A BATT ) I was tiring to rebuild it with 28G I think its 500 mesh im not 100% on mesh size. After a few days and piles of wicks with attempts from my buddy at the store And I with NO sucess. Witch really is disappointing for one because this device has giving me the best vape I have ever had out of any device EVER.. I was tiring a 3/4 28G. So then I went onto tiring to do a cotton wick after seeing Rip Trippers video on YouTube But the tastes seems off. I know i cant dry burn and it must be saturated. Ive tried all natural cotton balls and i boiled some OG ones tonight that I will try in the morning.So what am I doing wrong in both cases in the cotton wick am i missing something? or any tips on something to help the hot spots its like on side with wor or it will do ok with a low batt then a fresh one and one coil will turn all red hot like it has no juice but i dont think thats it not sure what to do. I would really like t do it myself so never have to pay for a build and or if im some where i need to do ir.. I can post picks in the AM if need PLEASE HELP ME GET MY BEST VAPE EVER BACK

not the best pick
    Last edited by BIGJ541; 11-08-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Prpmetheus Build Help **VERY FRUSTRATED** HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJ541 View Post
    So I have had the Prometheus for a few weeks. The guy at a brick and mortar here and Oregon built it the first time. It was the best vape I have ever had for 3 weeks and I went back to him but he couldn't seem to recreate it..=( I couldn't seem to get it working and now He couldn't build it like he did one the first time. The first build was dual 26G coil that were 0.44 ( I KNOW ITS LOW SONY 30A BATT ) I was tiring to rebuild it with 28G I think its 500 mesh im not 100% on mesh size. After a few days and piles of wicks with attempts from my buddy at the store And I with NO sucess. Witch really is disappointing for one because this device has giving me the best vape I have ever had out of any device EVER.. I was tiring a 3/4 28G. So then I went onto tiring to do a cotton wick after seeing Rip Trippers video on YouTube But the tastes seems off. I know i cant dry burn and it must be saturated. Ive tried all natural cotton balls and i boiled some OG ones tonight that I will try in the morning.So what am I doing wrong in both cases in the cotton wick am i missing something? or any tips on something to help the hot spots its like on side with wor or it will do ok with a low batt then a fresh one and one coil will turn all red hot like it has no juice but i dont think thats it not sure what to do. I would really like t do it myself so never have to pay for a build and or if im some where i need to do ir.. I can post picks in the AM if need PLEASE HELP ME GET MY BEST VAPE EVER BACK

not the best pick

I wouldn't recommend using regular wraps with the cotton. I myself have experimented with the Prometheus for at least 3 weeks doing different builds including the one you have posted up there. I just recently found out my sweet spot which is a 0.5-0.6 ohms Micro Coil with Cotton Balls or Mesh. Just a friendly advice, try a Micro Coil + Cotton balls instead and by just switching to that you may have eliminated your hotspot problem, it did for me.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Built a Prometheus recently with:
    Dual micro coils with cotton
    27G 10 coils ea
    1.4mm ID
    .75 ohm resistance

He claims it's awesome with no issues.

Vape Noob
    I have never done a micro coil but im gonna go out and get a better torch and come home and give it a shot

I use 2mm steel cable as my wicks, 3mm hollow ekowool sleeve up top which is wrapped 4 times around with 28g

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Sentinel v4/Prometheus RBA dual coil cable wicked
    BB Turtleship/The Patriot RDA dual micro coil
    "whz2blm?reblz gtsk all day"

Vape Noob
    What size cable did you use? I jusr tried Micro with cotton the cotton tastes funky then i tried to slide a SS wick in the micro coil but it got hot tails and poped im gonna keep going . I was gonna order some ss cabe also to try.

Vape Noob
    I see the 2mm now

So far this setup is bomb, it's easy to fix hotspots and when you rebuild it all you change is ekowool and wire

Coil Popper
    Where do you go for your 2mm SS cable?

I'm using 26g dual standard coil (non-micro) in a horizontal configuration and cotton yarn hovering just above wick holes and not through it. Using it in auto drip mode. 0.25ohms with 30A Sony batt and hits like a champ. I want to try ss cable and ekowool for shits and giggles though.