Hcigar Nemesis clone switch throw fix
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Hcigar Nemesis clone switch throw fix

Hey everyone, I bought a Hcigar Nemmy clone a couple weeks ago. I washed it out with warm water and baby shampoo, let everything dry properly, and then went over everything with 91% Isopropyl alcohol. When I reassembled everything and set it up with my Trident clone, I was getting some inconsistent fires from the switch. Sometimes I'd push the button and have to move my finger a little to get it to fire properly. The throw was smooth (I thought), but according to my count it wasn't firing properly 3 out of 10 times.

I took the switch apart. I noticed, after some observation, that the spring came out freely. I also noticed a groove in the bottom of the brass/threaded part of the switch. That groove should act as a spring guide, keeping the spring held in place making sure it doesn't cant/ become deformed over time. This will also make sure that the spring doesn't compress unequally and possibly rub against itself.

So, I opened the top of the spring diameter and press fit it into the groove. The spring will stay into the bottom under its own pressure now. I've had no firing problems since I've done this, the throw is shorter and the switch became much smoother. The gap between the top of the switch and the bottom of the lock ring is about 2mm and the travel to make it fire is about 1mm. I actually did this about 3 days after I got my Nemmy clone, but I didn't want to report my findings until I was sure that this was a good fix. Also, make sure that your bottom pin is tight. I tighten mine down as tight as I can with my fingers, and then use a pair of needle nose pliers to just snug it in.

I hope this is helpful to all Nemmy clone owners, and maybe this will help owner of the original Nemmy also. Thanks for reading.
    Devices: Hcigar Nemesis~Hcigar M16~EHPRO EA mod~Tesla mod

Drippers: Hcigar Trident~Igo L~ERA clone

Tanks:2 Atty clones~2 Kanger Protanks

Battery:Panasonic NCR18650PD

Thank you God for saving my life and for everything I have

Banned
    Interesting. I'm gonna look at mine when I get home Thanks

Anytime [MENTION=3374]proraptor[/MENTION].

Thanks for the tip,I will have to try it out.

Good post, I had a similar experience with the hands down worst Nemmy clone on the market. Being a mechanical moron my fix was not so direct, glad somebody with skillz posted the sequence in English as opposed to the moronese used to detail my mechanical adventures. Well done.

[MENTION=4146]Perldog007[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2946]Lugie[/MENTION]- glad I could help a little. I don't know if I have skillz [MENTION=4146]Perldog007[/MENTION], as it did take me about 30min of examining the switch to figure this little fix out. But thanks for the compliment.

Banned
    Did this on my brass neme clone last night and it works. Shortens throw and makes the switch feel nice

Quote Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
    Did this on my brass neme clone last night and it works. Shortens throw and makes the switch feel nice
    Hey [MENTION=3374]proraptor[/MENTION], I'm really glad it worked for you. Thanks for reporting back with your results.

Did that to my nemme clone when I got it and it worked decently but magnets made it even more responsive and smoother. Doesn't bind up if pressed from the sides of the switch.

Banned
    I want to try out magnets.....Where to get them besides vaperev?