Micro Coil Builds? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I just got into this micro coil building, did a 6/7 wrap dual coil with cotton balls... I don't have an ohm meter but my stuff doesnt taste as good as m silica... do I have to take a few puffs before it kicks in?
    Mods: Standard Functions Brass Monkee #167 | Custom Altoids Box Mod

Atomizers: Innovape Patriot | Kayfun Lite Plus | IGO-W |

Instagram: Atdamfotos

I recently did a 24G 6/7 wrap dual coil on a patriot, came out at .6 ohms and vapes great with a heap of vapor production. The only beef i have with it is it takes a second to heat up to its full potential
    V 2013 Chi-You SS // Brass Turtle Ship// Team Hotwire Eveon // Kayfun Lite // Doc Dave Steam Turbine // King Clone SS // Chi You Clone x2 // Ihybrid // K100 // Innovape Patriot x3

4/5 wrap center post build using Hot Wires Beast Mode (26g) on a Patriot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Atdam View Post
    I just got into this micro coil building, did a 6/7 wrap dual coil with cotton balls... I don't have an ohm meter but my stuff doesnt taste as good as m silica... do I have to take a few puffs before it kicks in?
    I notice the first few puffs don't have the full flavor or a slightly off taste but that should quickly go away. The only thing you have to be mindful of is keeping the wicks wet, I find I have to drip a lot more frequently with cotton.
    Mods: XXIX, Brass SurfRider, Kalafan Nemesis, 69 Mod, Kamry k100, Hcigar brass Nemesis clone, Hcigar VR Nemesis clone
    Atties: Russian 91%, Nimbus v3, 2x Omega , 2x Fogger v2, Hcigar Steam Turbine Clone, Kraken clone, Kayfun 3.1

CaliVaper
    so I finally tried the sterile cotton (thanks to [MENTION=56]jkuro[/MENTION] for sharing some to experiment w/)...3/32 28g 6/7 wrap single coil. no cottony taste and flavor is pretty darn good, way better than the regular cotton balls I was using from target. No boiling or prep...going to try it with the other daily flavors I vape, but going well so far!
    ...VAPING & SMOKE FREE...
    Brass king..kalafan/aluminum nemesis..SS chi..Surfrider Brass & SS..Sentinel..JM22..provari..wicked wood mods dual 18650..Black Copper Stingray...Turtleship V2

I've been running dual 3/4 wrap 1/8th ID using 26g. I have no idea what the resistance is, but it can't be more than .25. I don't run it for long, but it hits amazingly well. This is on a VHO helios, also have a 2/3 same ID same gauge on my cyclone but i think i went too far with that one.
    Sweep on, you fat and greasy citizens - Shakespeare

has anybody ever tried "floating coils?"
    Not enough to be satisfied, but enough to be broke.

#vapefinds #breathefree

In my experience (and all i do is boil cotton balls) the first 20 pulls taste worse than silica, but after that it will slowly surpass silica in taste. The good thing about micro coils (at least the ones I build) is they heat instantly, no lag time before they start working well. The weird thing is when I build on certain atomizers (nimbus, trident) they heat up super fast (the atomizer, not the coil) but on others (Cylcone AFC, Helios) the atomizer stays pretty cool, even under extremely high amperage discharge.
    Sweep on, you fat and greasy citizens - Shakespeare

Any tips on changing the cotton without unbinding the coils?
    Mods: Standard Functions Brass Monkee #167 | Custom Altoids Box Mod

Atomizers: Innovape Patriot | Kayfun Lite Plus | IGO-W |

Instagram: Atdamfotos

Any tips on changing the cotton without unbinding the coils?
    For me using a thicker coil (26g) helped. If not then make sure it's wet and twist.

Tap'd via G-Note2...
    Life's good, vape on.