High End Mods
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High End Mods

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

High End Mods

When it comes to high end mods, (battery tubes) What interest you before purchasing? Design, Material, Contacts, Logo, Name brand, Quality, Color.. I'm curious because I've been using a K101 for a while now and I've saved a good amount of money to finally upgrade. Im now ready to purchase my first high end mod.. There are so many mods out there it's hard to make a decision.. And another question is if you started all over again and could have any one mod, what would you choose and why? Thanks CVF

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When I was choosing my first mod I look for the design. I want to be different, not using the same mod as other vapers.

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    id either get a clone nemesis or spend a grip on a brass nemesis..

personally id go for the best hitting mod.. and dont worry about rarity due to simply because the more rare it is the more it cost..

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys for the input guys.. I have nothing against clones but looking for something authentic. I saved a good amount of money so I'm not really limited but it is my first big purchase so I'm trying to decided wisely.. I do like the nemesis though and considering it because of the simplicity of the design.. But definitely one I really like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Depends on you really. I look for rarity and quality and innovation. Poldiac and Nemesis are probably the best mod to get that's high quality and semi-easy to get.
    Check out our online shop at www.ocvapers.com !
    Current in use set-ups:
    #286 Windrose X Foggatti T22 X RSM LE Brass Pyrex Shorty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    To me it is all about looks first then parts. By parts I mean does the fire button use magnets or springs, are the contacts coper, brass, silver coated, or silver. Most of the mods you can buy after market parts for them so it falls back on to looks. I don't know and haven't seen anything about how the internal part are created and how that effects the mod but it would also play a part in my decision if I knew more about it.

Buy, Sell, & Trade anything and everything in the vape / eCig industry

us on Facebook.com/TheVapeTrader
    Follow us on Instagram @TheVapeTrader

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say 80% of mods are mechanically identical, so you'd want to look into fit & finish and design.
    That said, I still don't understand the exclusivity behind some of them - but that's me.

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    looks first and then performance. but it all comes down to personal taste. all high end mods are pretty good and perform well. euro mods are usually sleek and minimal--what i prefer. asian/filipino mods tend to be more bolder and blingy. american mods are mixed of blingy and minimal. best to see what you want in person. ive visited many shops in SGV and all employees usually have some high-end gear. everyone's pretty nice so they let me look at it and vape it. when i finally tried out a nemesis that sealed the deal.
    Last edited by goksunimbus; 10-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mostly looks here... I'm very picky about a mod being as minimal as possible... then I think to myself do I see this around a lot or no? Most if not high ends should be using some sort of decent material and contacts wise the resistance difference between copper, brass, silver, etc is negligible (at least I think so... correct me if I'm wrong...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmonster View Post
    Mostly looks here... I'm very picky about a mod being as minimal as possible... then I think to myself do I see this around a lot or no? Most if not high ends should be using some sort of decent material and contacts wise the resistance difference between copper, brass, silver, etc is negligible (at least I think so... correct me if I'm wrong...)
    From my testing you're mostly correct in your last statement. I tested a design with the same spec and tolerances just different materials. 101 copper, 316 Stainless, and 464 brass. Used the same EFest 18650 battery and load resistor to eliminate variables within the test. All materials tested within .02v of each other. Didn't matter whether the pins, tubes or switch were copper, stainless or brass. Not enough to notice the difference in the vape.

For the OP. Get what feels right for you. Brass, Stainless, or Copper. The Paps is a cool mod (the 2.5 switch is sweet) and the Nemesis is a solid performer. Comments earlier about the pinoy and euro mods seem accurate. Naturally, I am biased toward my own designs, but most high end mods perform well. Careful though, there are a few out there that claim to be high end that are really not... More hype based sales than functional. Crunchy switches really "get my goat". When the maker/designer didn't put the time in to the design to eliminate the simple stuff. Ugh...