Nemesis Switch Magnet Kit - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthStar View Post
    They offer a bit more resistance, less likely to fire, un-locked with a heavy KF on when stood on the button.
    Is there any other benefit of switching to magnets as opposed to the springs?
    Follow Me on Instagram: vapepics
    I'm Also on tumblr: SoCal Ecig and Vape Blog

Quote Originally Posted by calveezzzy View Post
    Is there any other benefit of switching to magnets as opposed to the springs?
    Springs loose their "springiness" over time and require replacement.... the magnets should maintain their "springiness" for much much longer

Super Moderator
    Springs loose their "springiness" over time and require replacement.... the magnets should maintain their "springiness" for much much longer
    But I also hear problems with magnets collapsing? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to know if it's worth the $11

But I also hear problems with magnets collapsing? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to know if it's worth the $11
    They do loose some of their magnetic strength over time, but I doubt we could tell the difference in this application...

I think they are worth it if:

A. Your button springs are wearing out/ getting loose

or

B. You want to rock a heavy atty and not lock it when you set it down on a table. (my reason)

Otherwise, I didn't notice any "OMG I got to have it" performance improvement (Feel)
    [MENTION=56]jkuro[/MENTION] performed his voltage drop tests with and without the magnet upgrade in the button.... no change in voltage drop, so they aren't going to make any changes to your "vape".

Super Moderator
    They do loose some of their magnetic strength over time, but I doubt we could tell the difference in this application...

I think they are worth it if:

A. Your button springs are wearing out/ getting loose

or

B. You want to rock a heavy atty and not lock it when you set it down on a table. (my reason)

Otherwise, I didn't notice any "OMG I got to have it" performance improvement (Feel)
    [MENTION=56]jkuro[/MENTION] performed his voltage drop tests with and without the magnet upgrade in the button.... no change in voltage drop, so they aren't going to make any changes to your "vape".
    Now THIS is the answer I was looking for!! Thanks braddah. I think I will upgrade then

Glad to help

the button feels A LOT better. That was my main reason.

if you get that crunchyness from pressing the button, that also goes away. that was why i was very happy with my upgrade.

springs can collapse if you run really low ohm setups. if its the weak point in the mod (usually the case), they will heat up and collapse. magnets never will. downside is, a hard short will probably fuck up your battery, as opposed to collapsing the spring.

i only use magnets.

Vape Noob
    Why does the magnetic switch help when you're using a kayfun?
    With my kayfun lite and with the other kayfuns on top, it is pretty heavy especially when it's newly filled with juice and it causes it to fire on its own weight. With the magnetic switch it doesn't fire at all if you just stand it up without the lock ring in