Nimbus rba + flat wire/kanthal ribbon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nimbus rba + flat wire/kanthal ribbon

I finally used ribbon wire on my Nimbus RBA...and while the boost in flavor is pretty significant...its not worth the hassle. For those of you who havent tried using flat wire on your Nimbus you can't make two sets of coils and just pass through the holes and push your coils up like with wire--instead you have to use one piece of ribbon for both coils. (At least I did). It's the only way to ensure your coils stay tight.

After picking away and making sure the coils were burning evenly (I used .8 gauge ribbon, which is roughly equivalent to .28 wire, and 3.5mm silica built with 3 wraps each) I vaped about 3ml-5mls of my favorite juice and it has a VICIOUS throat hit. Unfortunately I do not own a ZMAX or an ohmchecker (if any of you have an extra for sale/pif I would be more than happy to take it off your hands DD) so I don't know what ohm I'm at...but I'm assuming from the healthy throat kick and the decent vapor production I'm around .2-.3 ohms.

In summary, ribbon wire on Nimbus: massive pain the ass to build with, boost in flavor, dip in vapor production, need to use a single piece of ribbon for both coils when building, aaannnnndd very finicky consistency. I will not be using flat wire on my Nimbus again.

For those interested in seeing for themselves, please stop by at Local Vape. Local Vape carries ribbon wire in .6 and .8 gauge. They SHOULD also be getting their Nimbus' in this week. And if your there, please check out "The Standard" ejuice-it is my absolute favorite line (my top choices in order being: Frankenvape, CB4, Deadman's Chest).

I ALSO hear tell that they have nextel (braided silica), I have no confirmed this--if you stop by please ask for me. Anyways, thats it for me tonight. Peace out.
    Caravela#181.
    //
    KayFun3.1Gamma&&Nimbus

Coil Popper
    Ive done dual coil builds on my nimbus successfully. Just make sure ur legs are long and you can pull them tight pretty easily. Secure your neg posts first then work on your pos. if you are having trouble try using a pair of tweezers, pulling the leg tight then bending the leg up to make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo57 View Post
    Ive done dual coil builds on my nimbus successfully. Just make sure ur legs are long and you can pull them tight pretty easily. Secure your neg posts first then work on your pos. if you are having trouble try using a pair of tweezers, pulling the leg tight then bending the leg up to make it stop.
    are you talking about flat ribbon or wire? because its easy as fuck to do that with wire...
    Caravela#181.
    //
    KayFun3.1Gamma&&Nimbus

Coil Popper
    It's pretty easy to do it with ribbon, at least for me lol

I do quad coils and I'm interested in ribbon but it sounds like a pain... Regular wire is easy but doing a quad ribbon seems a bit like a bitch!

[MENTION=234]guppy[/MENTION] diy? On the quad coil nimbus?

Quote Originally Posted by NPhaxayaseng View Post
    [MENTION=234]guppy[/MENTION] diy? On the quad coil nimbus?
    Yup, i do it myself. Works great and takes a bit of time but worth it

Quote Originally Posted by guppy View Post
    Yup, i do it myself. Works great and takes a bit of time but worth it
    Post a video! Show us how its done!

Im about to do one tomorrow night or thursday. Im not gonna record it because im lazy but i'll be glad to show you.

Quote Originally Posted by NPhaxayaseng View Post
    Post a video! Show us how its done!
    Here's the steps in pictures