Review: HCigar Nemesis Clone vs Real Nemesis
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    CaliVaper

Review: HCigar Nemesis Clone vs Real Nemesis

I picked up my nemesis clones from [MENTION=316]2wonderflow[/MENTION] tonight. I walked away with 10 units total. I will be comparing the authentic nemesis and the clone nemesis. I will have photos below for you guys to see.

Clone on the left, VR nemesis on the right.

The logo is dead on. Based on visuals alone you will no be able to tell the difference. The only way to know is by touch. The real nemesis has a much deeper etch than the clone.

Clone on the left, VR nemesis on the right.

The serial number and "nemesis" is also dead on visually. You will need to touch it to know its fake just like the logo.

VR nemesis on top, clone on bottom

Visually everything on the bottom of the button is dead on. Once again you have to touch the "train" to feel the difference. The real nemesis have deeper etching.

VR nemesis contact on the left, Clone on the right

The contacts are almost the same. Only difference is the real nem contacts are more of a dull silver while the clone is a shiny silver.

IMPORTANT POINTS
    1. Visually you will not be able to differentiate the clone from the real one.
    2. All parts of the real nemesis will fit the clone and vice versa. I'm using extended positive post from atmomxiani on my clone to run the kick ring without the kick.
    3. Biggest difference is the feel of all the etchings.
    4. The finish is top notch.
    5. The threading is top notch, it's actually better than the last run from atmomxiani.
    6. The firing button is an exact replica of the real nemesis.
    7. There is no weight difference in hand between clone and real.

CONCLUSION:
    I bought 10 clones tonight. When I got back I inspected all of them. The biggest QC issue is in the button. Some units had perfect buttons but some had slight wobbles. The wobble goes away once you throw a battery in there.

The nemesis clone does not feel like a clone. The fit, finish, and performance are all equal to the real nemesis. HCIGAR did a better job on these than the chi clones. This is hands down the best mod for the price on the market right now.

Be very careful when buying VW nemesis now, side by side you won't be able to tell the difference.

Vape Noob
    Great little review! It's good to know what to look out for now.

CaliVaper
    Great review!! That is the one thing I noticed, it the etching is not as deep. Makes me want to get an exacto knife and go to town on it. lol

time to sell my nemmy.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Quote Originally Posted by lexusguy View Post
    time to sell my nemmy.
    Why? Because it was cloned so well? I bought my Neme's to use, and as part of a personal collection. So, keeping that in mind I see no reason to part with mine. The only person that needs to care if its authentic is me.

At this point, its only the VW version that was counterfeited (when a clone is this dead on, its now a counterfeit), but I'm sure over time the other versions will be counterfeited as well.

On one hand I hate the fact that it was cloned so well. On the other hand, it's going to minimize those who buy Neme's & try to flip them for a profit. Folks who don't want to be ripped off but want the real Neme with peace of mind will buy from Atmomixani or the handful of other authorized global Atmomixani dealers. The "brand new, never fired, only took out of package to take pics" Neme's in the classifieds and CL will suffer due to the lack of ways to prove authenticity other than the sellers word. Buying a VW Nemesis in the classifieds at this point is risky at best because if the seller is convincing enough, you could be getting something that isn't what it appears to be.
    If you think the guys who made this counterfeit cant get the depth of the engraving right, you're mistaken. It'll be corrected soon enough I'm sure.

So, for those that have the real thing and plan on keeping them, you have nothing to fear. Those that bought VW's with plans on flipping them for a quick profit, you're plans are now phuked since chances of even getting MSRP for them is now hopeless. (Oh, and those receipts you have are useless as they don't show the serial proving they are for that particular purchase). You'll never find me buying a VW from a private party now unless I know for a fact where it came from and I trust that individual.

The biggest impact these counterfeits will have is:
    1) Give folks who do not want to spend 175+ for a real Neme the opportunity to own one that's virtually identical in every way.
    2) Sales at authorized Atmomixani dealers and directly from Atmomixani.gr will increase for those who want the real thing.
    3) Folks who think they can buy a Neme for 175 and flip it for more are going to be the hardest hit (go get a real job instead. Maybe H-Cigar or Tobeco have openings)

These are just my personal opinions.

EDIT: Thanks Chakachaka for the comparison pics. It appears the font for the serial differs slightly looking at the "0" of both mods but it could be just the angle.
    Last edited by pokerplayer; 09-11-2013 at 07:36 AM.

This clone is a great way to try before you buy. I checked out a genuine unit at VR with cash in pocket about a month ago. Hesitant to spend the $200 without knowing if it had any issues that I would disagree with. I am in to the clone for $50. If it ends up in the "not my favorite" mod stockpile it no big deal. If I can't live without it I will go throw down the money for an original.

I've got 2 real Neme's... my favorite APV out of many high end mechs...
    If Hcigar finds that his latest clone is the best yet, due to all the right reasons, i don't know why anyone would want to pay 5 times for the same results.
    I got 2 clones coming to compare

I wonder if its even real silver they are using on the contacts... is there a way to test that?

pretty sure the 510 connection piece of the real nemesis and the clone are diffrent as well, saw a picture on another thread.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Quote Originally Posted by d0rky1 View Post
    pretty sure the 510 connection piece of the real nemesis and the clone are diffrent as well, saw a picture on another thread.
    It would be great if there were high res pics of the Nemefeit completely broken down piece by piece next to the real neme parts.