ProVari and Mechanicals - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oh u mad View Post
    $150+ mech's are a huge rip-off and they're making 10x the profit off all of you. absolutely no R&D required... engrave a cool looking logo on it and people will flock.
    Quote Originally Posted by oh u mad View Post
    How many company's produce a regulated mod? Now think about how many produce their own mech mod? at least 10x the amount of mech mod producers because it takes no brains/talent to make one. That is why even vape shops are coming out with their own mech mod, pathetic. Just put some trendy picture engraving on a metal tube and sell it for $200... but hey, at least you're flushing your own money down the toilet, not mine.
    ignorant comments with no true basis for disallusioned claims, by a coil-popper with minimal experience.
    2.5Lux+. Carvalho. Paps X. XXIX. DNA30. Caesura.

^ You forgot "Frame bangin' FABEL"
    Mods: XXIX, Brass SurfRider, Kalafan Nemesis, 69 Mod, Kamry k100, Hcigar brass Nemesis clone, Hcigar VR Nemesis clone
    Atties: Russian 91%, Nimbus v3, 2x Omega , 2x Fogger v2, Hcigar Steam Turbine Clone, Kraken clone, Kayfun 3.1

Frame Bangin' FABEL.
    2.5Lux+. Carvalho. Paps X. XXIX. DNA30. Caesura.

CaliVaper
    When I first began vaping, I considered a Provari, but ultimately did not get one due to the price. The only voltage variable device I have ever bought was iTaste vv gen 1. I used the hell out of it. Since then it's only been mechanicals. Can't really see myself going back to a VV/VW device unless it's a mechanical with a kick.

Of all vape toys I've owned (high and low end), the Provari mini seems to be my goto mod. I can run a Prive carto tank and stand it up or lay it down with no leaking issues. In AZ, the drastic temperature changes (AC to 100+ degrees outside) will cause most attys to leak. I realize I give something up in the way of taste, but hey, it's still tastes better than analogs. I run Boges and they are fine since the whole Boge-gate thing. They're still running strong after 3-4 days when I pitch them because the flavor starts to mute.

I also enjoy the satin silver finish. As an electrician, the grit on my hands would tear up and micro scratch any high end mech I've owned. The satin seems to hold up well. I recently threw some JWraps on a new Billet Box and like the feel of these. I broke tradition with my new Provari. Gave my last mini to a relative and had to order a new one. Couldn't resist the polished version. So this one will get wrapped as well. Here's the thing, if I tear up, destroy or lose my Provari, they are readily available to purchase, even if they cost a little more. Can't say the same about my BB or Microstick.

Also as far as cost, IMHO, you DO get what you pay for. I've owned plenty of Smok/Sig ZMax minis and they just don't hold up. I've had threads strip, buttons stop working, screen tilt and unreliable output voltage (especially below 3.6 volts left in battery) even if you baby these mods. The materials, buttons and quality control are worth the extra as I've never had a Provari stop working (bought my first 3 used from the classies and they worked great until I traded or gave them away). The Accu-set technology will output your voltage to what you set right to the time the unit shuts off for low battery voltage! That is why I chose not to get a battery extension cap. I can run a 18350 all the way down to 3.2V without noticing a change in output to the 510. With a carto, I only require 2 batteries to make it through the day and the second battery will still have 3/4 off it's life left. So it's a fairly efficient device for a daily driver. Would have to carry multiple 18500s to try and do this with a Sig as they go wonky below 3.6V. And the Smok Z's, forget it.

My only 2 gripes about the Provari are minor but here they are. Wish they could run attys below 1.3 ohm. I understand that the price point would go way up and don't know if there even is a technology yet to do this. I know the Semovars can't handle sub ohm either and that's a DNA20. Guess I still have to coil my Spheroids a little higher. My other item on the wish list would be a titanium mini version. I feel the material cost increase would worth it as the size/form factor is already pretty good, it's just that a mini in stainless is still a little heavy to put in your front shirt pocket. Just wish they would throw it out there as an option. Used to own a Wizard Ti and damn that thing was light!

So just so I don't piss off the Sig, Smok, Vamo, SVT, Lavatube etc. and mechanical owners, I have nothing against these devices. I'm merely trying to point out that in the long haul, I feel the quality of a Provari justifies the added cost. If you only vape 1 mod in your life, I would consider one. They will last, perform reliably and never leave you stranded. The true workhorse of the mod world IMO. But vape what you can afford and what works for YOU! Just stay off the analogs!

One more thought. If you do manage to blow up your Provari, you can always send it in and get the board repaired for $25 or full replace for $65, so it's not a disposable device. Just sayin'.

I love my Provari for fleshing out new flavors. I find the wattage I like and then use that as a starting point to build my sub ohms. I've been going through a phase where I want to try every liquid out there (a departure from my last year of bobas and malty almost exclusively).

With the cyclone on there I can fine tune quite a bit.
    (Reo Grand + RM2)~(Reo Grand + Cyclone)~(Provari + Cyclops)~(Brass Nemi + Origen)~(Tree of Life + Kayfun 3.1)

Mech mods all day
    Mods:
    Brass Nemesis SN:0491
    Nemesis Legion SN:96

Attys:
    3D dripper SN0608,
    The Dome SN:0350,
    Kayfun Lite Plus

Tips: Atmomixani Mini Me (shined, brass), Mini Me Ice (shined, brass), Ghost Modders .70(SS), Ghost Modders .90 (Brass), Vape Lyfe(SS Brushed) SN009, Vape Lyfe (Brass Brushed) SN149, Innovape Pyrex(SS, Brass)

I have both, but got my provari after my mechs... Usually its the other way around haha. Anyways, I love my mechs! Even after getting the provari I still pick up my mechs first...I only pick up the provari if its a busy day out. Mechs for everything else.

Also my provari isn't giving good airflow to my Kanger II...idk why. =[ so I have to loosen it a bit and it makes me feel uneasy cause its a bit wobbly.

Mechs all dayyy eeerrr day.

$200 for a piece of art... not just metal tubes.

except I dont have money for art... haha college budget! hence my signature.
    Mods:
    • BCV Surfrider
    • MCR 101
    • Nemesis Clone

Attys:
    • TOBH V2
    • Patriot V1
    • KFL+ Clone

I switch off between the two. Both have there advantages and flaws. To each his own...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk