561 Post(s)
    Someone at ECF posted a pic of his dual coil Kayfun

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer View Post
    Someone at ECF posted a pic of his dual coil Kayfun
    So i'm getting a TSAF+ mini wire welder straight from Greece. Check out PBusardo's youtube channel, and review of the TSAF - pretty awesome device for $70.00 - in my mind WELL worth it - ready wires are a complete rip off. For the price you pay for 5 ready wires, you can buy 50ft of kanthal & 50ft of non resistance nickel.

The only issue I have with my Ithaka & and the Kayfun (just bought it, arrives after Labor Day) - is that the Airflow control does not open it up wide enough for people who like to lung hit,.... like me.

The airflow is sooooo restrictive. If you plan on making .5ohm dual coil setups, I wouldn't recommend the Ithaka or the Kayfun... well we'll see about the Kayfun... I've heard the airflow/draw is about the same as the Ithaka.

My whole plan was to find a device that can hold 3 - 4ml of extra e-liquid, but also allow for dual coil wick setups... I love some of my genesis atomizers like my RSST & my AGA-T2, but lets be honest, SS Mesh doesnt taste half as good as vaping off Silica or Cotton wicks...

My question for all the CaliVape peeps is: Do you think it would be possible to expand the airhole on a Kayfun or Ithaka? I totally realize I can ruin my device easily by attempting this, but I don't care. To me, if I can't get a better draw of this, it's a $200.00 paper weight, that'll I'll probably sell. However, I want to see if anyone has any recommendations for drilling through the little tiny ass airhole on a Kayfun or Ithaka. I'm going to be using a Dremel 330D w/ Router Attachment. It's not like I'm going to try and ghetto drill it with a power drill by hand, I'll be using nice equipment...

Has anyone attempted this? Any recommendations?
    Last edited by ph0kused; 08-29-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    I heard mixed results at both here and ECF. The Kayfun Lite would be difficult due to the fact the screw that holds the positive block is also hollow to allow for the airflow.
    Now it may be more doable on the 3.1ES since it appears to be more material that can be bored out. Not positive on this though.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    You could first remove the setscrew (2b).
    If not enough you could always either drill out the air hole leading to the collection chamber (2c)
    or
    drill a secondary hole in the bottom part of the atomizer (2a)
    But you would still be limited on the amount of air passing from the collection chamber area of the atomizer up to the coil/wick due to the size of the hole in the threaded pole holding the positive block (2h).

http://www.meshweaver.com/temp/vapin...SER_MANUAL.pdf

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE***

So the creator of the Ithaka & Penelope got back to me on the ECF Forum.

I was going back and fourth with Imeo - at some points it got a little heated/spicy. There's a ton of GG Fanboys out there, the great thing and bad thing about the Vape Community is that I've found people will defend their devices/juices till the death. Even if they've never tried an alternative, they have no issue going on the forums and screaming it from the rooftop that there way is the best, and any other alternative is rubbish. Very hard headed - and I think thats because we all used to be cigarette smokers, so naturally, we like our brand, we dont care what you recommend, we're not switching. Hopefully that mentality will change amongst our culture.

Imeo didn't give me the "hard-headed" vibe exactly, but apparently, where Imeo lives - there's not a ton of direct lung hitters around around him. He's not surrounded by people pushing their atty's to the limits with sub 1.0ohm dual coil setups - I take it he's 30 years old + maybe more - and is surrounded by vapers that like a VV Vape , and a rebuildable tank system. I assume the younger generation toying around with Dripping atomizers and different wick types isn't a common encounter for him. T

I asked him why did he choose to only make his $200.00 Ithaka only accommodate mouth hitters? The so called "adjustable airflow" is too small for direct lung hits. Even at wide open setting, it's too restrictive for dual coil .4ohm setups direct lung hitting.

I asked him why not have 2 holes on each side, and make the airflow open up as much as 3/32 - 2.5mm - 3mm. This way all the mouth hitters can tighten up the airflow and be happy, and ALSO the lung hitters can open it up, and also be happy. Theoretically you're pleasing more of the market by accommodating all. Initially, I could tell by his remarks he took offense to this. Which imo he shouldn't have... he should have acknowledged my request (since i am a customer hat paid him $200.00).

Well, I got my wish. He made a post a few weeks back that the new Penelope he's working on will have enough airflow to accommodate lung hitters like myself. My only fear is that Imeo's idea of "enough airflow" may be too restrictive.

When I told him that on my RDA's/RBA's I Drill all of my holes out to 2.5mm to 3mm he was kind of baffled. To me, and other vapers & vape shops around me, 3/32 - 1/8 size holes drilled out isnt all that uncommon or crazy - I'm sure at the ECC Trade show in Anaheim this weekend I'll see some of you there rocking the same type of airflow.

I thought id jump on here and let you know that Imeo is going to be releasing the new Penelope with enough airflow to allow us lung hitters to have a good time with it!
    Last edited by ph0kused; 09-17-2013 at 11:06 AM.

6. Likes TrueNorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smplx View Post
    Yo.. don't buy shit from vape shops, unless its juice. Waste of money. Ithaka clones can be found all over the web for cheaper.
    Dude... juice is super marked up in vape shops as well. You might as well just tell the OP to not buy from vape shops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guppy View Post
    Dude... juice is super marked up in vape shops as well. You might as well just tell the OP to not buy from vape shops.
    Ya, but its good to try new juices and most of the high end juice lines dont sell in bulk. But i did just recieve 300 ml for $54 from online.. Pretty good stuff too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smplx View Post
    Ya, but its good to try new juices and most of the high end juice lines dont sell in bulk. But i did just recieve 300 ml for $54 from online.. Pretty good stuff too
    Is that the yaelik or something like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guppy View Post
    Is that the yaelik or something like that?
    Yealiq! Ya man its not bad. If you like custard juice this one tastes just like other popular ones ive tried. Worth $54 forsure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ph0kused View Post
    UPDATE***

So the creator of the Ithaka & Penelope got back to me on the ECF Forum.

I was going back and fourth with Imeo - at some points it got a little heated/spicy. There's a ton of GG Fanboys out there, the great thing and bad thing about the Vape Community is that I've found people will defend their devices/juices till the death. Even if they've never tried an alternative, they have no issue going on the forums and screaming it from the rooftop that there way is the best, and any other alternative is rubbish. Very hard headed - and I think thats because we all used to be cigarette smokers, so naturally, we like our brand, we dont care what you recommend, we're not switching. Hopefully that mentality will change amongst our culture.

Imeo didn't give me the "hard-headed" vibe exactly, but apparently, where Imeo lives - there's not a ton of direct lung hitters around around him. He's not surrounded by people pushing their atty's to the limits with sub 1.0ohm dual coil setups - I take it he's 30 years old + maybe more - and is surrounded by vapers that like a VV Vape , and a rebuildable tank system. I assume the younger generation toying around with Dripping atomizers and different wick types isn't a common encounter for him. T

I asked him why did he choose to only make his $200.00 Ithaka only accommodate mouth hitters? The so called "adjustable airflow" is too small for direct lung hits. Even at wide open setting, it's too restrictive for dual coil .4ohm setups direct lung hitting.

I asked him why not have 2 holes on each side, and make the airflow open up as much as 3/32 - 2.5mm - 3mm. This way all the mouth hitters can tighten up the airflow and be happy, and ALSO the lung hitters can open it up, and also be happy. Theoretically you're pleasing more of the market by accommodating all. Initially, I could tell by his remarks he took offense to this. Which imo he shouldn't have... he should have acknowledged my request (since i am a customer hat paid him $200.00).

Well, I got my wish. He made a post a few weeks back that the new Penelope he's working on will have enough airflow to accommodate lung hitters like myself. My only fear is that Imeo's idea of "enough airflow" may be too restrictive.

When I told him that on my RDA's/RBA's I Drill all of my holes out to 2.5mm to 3mm he was kind of baffled. To me, and other vapers & vape shops around me, 3/32 - 1/8 size holes drilled out isnt all that uncommon or crazy - I'm sure at the ECC Trade show in Anaheim this weekend I'll see some of you there rocking the same type of airflow.

I thought id jump on here and let you know that Imeo is going to be releasing the new Penelope with enough airflow to allow us lung hitters to have a good time with it!
    I'm 30++ :P Dual 9/64th" holes on a trident with a "port and polish" on the drip-tip LOL

I love the shit out of my KF 3.1 but wish it had a much looser draw.... Got my eye on that Aqua by Footoon.... dual wicks/dual coils/dual air holes.... could be a kayfun x2 time will tell....

I too have no problems taking a drill to a +$200 atty.... I bought it right? might as well customize it a bit