Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ithaka premade wires?

anyone know where i can buy any? thnx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    vape rev has a fuse box i seen them build an ithaka give them a call dont have the number but you can find them on yelp there located in cerritos

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i live like 2 blocks from them, they havent had an in a while lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If you think you will need a shit ton NR + R wires I would invest in this thing called a wire zapper which arc welds NR + R wires together using an electrical charge! They run anywhere between $35-$100. You can actually build a zapper out of a disposable kodak camera. It's on breaktru.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stormy's Vapor Cellar and Discount Vapers both sell premade wires in packs of 50 intended to be used with the Ithaka clone they sell. I ordered an Ithaka from COV and a pack of the coils from DV on Monday, so I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but i figured at $8 it would be worth a shot.

Vape Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    you can do this for free by using pliers and your hands to twist the wires together tightly. I say this because the zappers I have had experience with don't tend to work well and usually take more time with less success than the twisting method. Both methods yield the same exact results as well, IMHO the zappers are kind of a waste of time to have around.
    -CMP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No way a waste of time...what about ribbon wire...its a must..also for using twisted kanthal...nice clean welds..if your just using std kanthal then bypass and twist yourself...but if your like me strictly using ribbon or twistted wires it was a time saver 4sho!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Most of the failure from wire zappers(wire welders) happen because you need the proper amount of voltage for the gauge of wire used to weld the wires together. That particular wire Zapper discussed on breakthru is made up from a circuit board found in disposable cameras, you need an extra capacitor added to the capacitor already located on that circuit board to get the voltage required to weld. The circuit, as is, delivers 137V which is to much, I believe the author of that thread is using 74V to weld with. Others have tried playing with the charge time to get the lower voltage. In different threads I have read that 42V should be enough.

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone have a zapper for sale. PM me if you do.

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    so people are suggesting that the premade wire's that come with the ithaka aren't good?