Review: Pisces T by J2P review
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Pisces T by J2P review

Just wanted to talk about he Pisces T.
    For those of you who dont know its Filipino made, 304 Stainless Steel body with a brass locking ring. Bottom firing, hot spring and solid copper contacts. Top pin is floating in a Derlin ring, and bottom is threaded so its also adjustable. Telescoping mod, but only accepts 18490-18650. That being said its one of the most compact mods out there so far, but ill get into this more later. Inscribed with a nice Pisces sign both on the side of the mod and on the bottom of the button. Number is also found on the button.

Overall i am really pleased with this mod. I have played with alot of mods. Side firing out of the picture for this discussion. I -personally- prefer this mod over the Sentinels, Titans, Mortars, Curvs, Nemesis, Diablo, Nvonics, Avengers and others. Size is much better, dissipates heat enough to keep up with my chain vaping. Hits very nicely, and aesthetically speaking even in "stock" form is one of my favorites. I wasnt quite satisfied with the finish so i spent a few hours watching movies and polishing. Here are the before and after

Pros:
    Very light weight mod, lightest i have personally owned.
    Not bad voltage drop for a SS telescoping mod. -- .38ish
    Nice trow
    Locking button is smooth as butter and quick to lock/unlock
    Good looking mod --IMO--
    Amazingly compact. This i want to go into more. As stated it will not accept 18350, but this to me is not a issue at all. I personally never use 350s.... but why would you want to with this mod. Let me show you guys some pictures.

First this is the Pisces in 18650 mode WITH a BUTTON top. The ORBTRONIC battery you see on the left of it is what i actually have in there as well. Its one of the largest 18650 and no mod i have had to date would take it without some threads showing. Not the case here, everything still flushes up nice. Also notice on the right, Beatsbylee SS Chi in 18500 mode.... and yes thats the same battery he has in there on the right.... Kayfun aside you can see that even in 18650 with a button top its still just a hair taller than a chi in 18500.

And here we have both mods in 18500

Lastly in 18500 mod, standard 16ml bottle for reference

Cons:
    The finish on the inside of the button has very small lines in it that "drag" when firing... making it not feel very smooth. This is easily fixed with some sand paper... i polished mine and its smooth and nice now.

The spring- Its very thin, not good for really low ohm builds. Handles over .35 alright but under it just eats up too much power. I addressed this by putting in a beefy spring, see page 2 for more details.

I did notice the button getting fairly warm during some heavy dry burning. This was again nothing major or painful, but noticeable.

Last thing, i did notice the area where the actual threading is on the main telescoping sleeve seems to get warmer during long drags... again nothing painful or worrisome but noticeable.

Thanks everyone, hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Paulb5950; 06-21-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added photo

Vape Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    good review! it is a very nice looking mod for sure. really compact for 18490 mode

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    thanks for the review! been debating if i should pick one up. the compact size is a huge plus for me

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Very nice review. Was thinking bout this mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the awesome review. Which stores carry this mod?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -SPRY- View Post

vape it easy had like a few in stock when i was there last week

2.5PapsLux X Omega

M.I.A.

lazerrzzz pewpewpew
    im rarely around anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -SPRY- View Post

Vapor Bombz had a few, but i doubt there's any left. Think they only got 4 or 5.

Coil Popper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your review is spot on!
    I was initially bummed about the 18350's but its still tiny with 18500 battery. I'm tempted to buy another one.

CaliVaper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The compact size makes me want one. How much do they sell for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_munky View Post
    The compact size makes me want one. How much do they sell for?
    Depends.... Vapor Bombz had them for 190$ - i traded for mine..... Seen people flipping them for as much as 350$

Also i would like to add that when doing the review i was using my Trident built with a dual coil at .39 ohms. I have since rebuilt it to another dual coil this time at .31ish.... The threads and button for sure get warm on longer drags with the super low ohms... nothing bad but noticeable. Mod still cools off really quick. I only notice during an active long drag.