Janty MiD
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Janty MiD

  1. #1
    Super Administrator Cicada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riverside, SoCal
    Posts
    774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)

    Janty MiD

    Anyone thinking about picking this up? Looks pretty crazy as far as its capabilities, but i'm wondering how much of it is useful and how much is just gimmicky.

    If you haven't seen it, it's basically like a pen-style eVic:



    I really like the clean design and the joystick controller is really interesting. Uses 16340 style batteries -- comes with its own cells, but the site says AW IMR 16340s are acceptable.

    Highlights/Description:

    • Variable Voltage/Wattage ecig with 4 on-board step up/step down vaping profiles in the range of 3V to 6V or 4W to 15W
    • Real time monitoring of battery levels, device temperature, atomiser resistance, vaping profile amplitude on board
    • Free MiD PC Interface connectivity to retrieve device information, firmware updates, create user name for your device, retrieve number of puffs
    • Create and save arbitrary vaping profiles with a rich editor in all kinds of waveforms in voltage or wattage, etc (see xcel list for details).
    • Execution of arbitrary vaping profiles as a flat profile using the first voltage or wattage point of the profile you created on your timeline for a duration of your choice up to 12 seconds
    • Execution of arbitrary vaping profiles in a single LED colour and single HSL (hue, saturation, luminosity)
    • All the safety feature such as reverse battery protection, short-circuit protection, overpower and under power protection, thermal monitoring etc (see xcel list for details)
    • Log into midseries.com social web server, register you device, download latest MiD PC interface application, register yourself as MiD user, register your device, purchase modules to expand your out-of-the-box MiD "One"


    http://www.janty.com/en/mid-series
    http://usa.janty.com/index.php?page=...art&Itemid=177

    at $145 for the kit, it's way more expensive than a lot of mods, and exorbitantly expensive if you consider the size of the mod compared to other small PV's.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator ErroR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Laguna Niguel
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They talked about it the other night on vape link. Not sure if it is worth the price you pay. You have to buy most of the modules like power etc for extra cash.

  3. #3
    Super Administrator Cicada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riverside, SoCal
    Posts
    774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErroR View Post
    They talked about it the other night on vape link. Not sure if it is worth the price you pay. You have to buy most of the modules like power etc for extra cash.
    I saw that; not a fan of that "model" -- it's already steep at $150 for a small style PV, and you're telling me i have to pay MORE to unlock features in the software?

    so basically it turns into a $200 eGo battery with some nice features and LEDs. no thanks.

  4. #4
    Coil Popper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the idea is cool but its not big not 22mm so you can't put everything onto it or it be just top heavy. I also think the program profile is a neat feature but lets say your vaping and your into rebuildables and the ohms changed you can't just click and change the volts/watts, so you have to carry a laptop around with you all day. Maybe if they had a app for your phone or something so you can change it will be nice. I mean i am getting 25 watts out my chi you with a dual coil nimbus at like .58 ohms xP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
    Anyone thinking about picking this up? Looks pretty crazy as far as its capabilities, but i'm wondering how much of it is useful and how much is just gimmicky.

    If you haven't seen it, it's basically like a pen-style eVic:



    I really like the clean design and the joystick controller is really interesting. Uses 16340 style batteries -- comes with its own cells, but the site says AW IMR 16340s are acceptable.

    Highlights/Description:

    • Variable Voltage/Wattage ecig with 4 on-board step up/step down vaping profiles in the range of 3V to 6V or 4W to 15W
    • Real time monitoring of battery levels, device temperature, atomiser resistance, vaping profile amplitude on board
    • Free MiD PC Interface connectivity to retrieve device information, firmware updates, create user name for your device, retrieve number of puffs
    • Create and save arbitrary vaping profiles with a rich editor in all kinds of waveforms in voltage or wattage, etc (see xcel list for details).
    • Execution of arbitrary vaping profiles as a flat profile using the first voltage or wattage point of the profile you created on your timeline for a duration of your choice up to 12 seconds
    • Execution of arbitrary vaping profiles in a single LED colour and single HSL (hue, saturation, luminosity)
    • All the safety feature such as reverse battery protection, short-circuit protection, overpower and under power protection, thermal monitoring etc (see xcel list for details)
    • Log into midseries.com social web server, register you device, download latest MiD PC interface application, register yourself as MiD user, register your device, purchase modules to expand your out-of-the-box MiD "One"


    http://www.janty.com/en/mid-series
    http://usa.janty.com/index.php?page=...art&Itemid=177

    at $145 for the kit, it's way more expensive than a lot of mods, and exorbitantly expensive if you consider the size of the mod compared to other small PV's.

  5. #5
    Super Administrator Cicada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Riverside, SoCal
    Posts
    774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamasu View Post
    Well the idea is cool but its not big not 22mm so you can't put everything onto it or it be just top heavy. I also think the program profile is a neat feature but lets say your vaping and your into rebuildables and the ohms changed you can't just click and change the volts/watts, so you have to carry a laptop around with you all day. Maybe if they had a app for your phone or something so you can change it will be nice. I mean i am getting 25 watts out my chi you with a dual coil nimbus at like .58 ohms xP.
    holy crap!

    what's the vapor production like outta that thing?

  6. #6
    Coil Popper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
    holy crap!

    what's the vapor production like outta that thing?
    Pretty crazy but i am not use to it it makes you cough you have to use to it

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Coil Popper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicada View Post
    holy crap!

    what's the vapor production like outta that thing?
    Go to vapor labs fb page and look for the nimbus video and he wrapped as .8

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Vape Noob
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have one on my desk. It does not work with my computer I use a mac. You can get it a bit cheaper if you get the right aw batteries and charger and the unit only.

  9. #9
    CaliVaper
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm getting about 55 watts on a fully charged IMR 18650 on my K101 dual coil build hehe [.32ohms]

  10. #10
    CaliVaper RPadTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Planet Awesome
    Posts
    417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronY View Post
    I have one on my desk. It does not work with my computer I use a mac. You can get it a bit cheaper if you get the right aw batteries and charger and the unit only.
    We chatted about this on YouTube, but now that you have one, what do you think?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •