Copper mods!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copper mods!!

Copper mods!!

Hi guys,

I have been looking at copper mods and I think they are probably my favorite kind. Do you guys know if copper hits better than brass? And what copper mods are out there? I would like to see all of them but cant spend more than 100$ so if you could put the price next to the copper mod that would help me a lot. I have seen the copper nemesis and it looks cool. I always told myself I wouldn't get a nemesis cause everyone else has one and my brother in law has one. But then I turned around and bought a brass chi you clone, hehe. ANYWYS COPPER COOPPER COPPPPER!! thank you!

Yes, copper is a lot more conductive than brass but when it comes to "hits" you are primarily looking at the contacts of the mod to be Cu.
    For under $100 you will not find a worthy copper mod. Sure you may be better off with a "clone" money wise, but buying an authentic copper mod under $100 is nearly impossible. Don't mean to bring your hopes down but I am being realistic. If you have say another $50-$100 to spend, you will have many options for an authentic quality mod worthy of the additional dollars. Here are a few well performing copper mods but the availability may be the bigger issue for you depending on your selection.
    Vanilla Copper Mod by Smok-E Mountain
    Copper Mod by Da Iron Mod
    XXIX by BCV
    Penny Mod by Mad Industries
    Those are just a few but there are a lot more.
    Check out the Group Buy Section here : http://www.calivapers.com/forumdispl...uys-amp-Co-Ops
    You may be able to save a few dollars and snag a good copper mod.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by dilli_d; 01-15-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Atty's & Mods: Stuff you post Wanted threads for.

isn't copper hard to maintain?

Copper does require more care than brass and a lot more care than SS. But it's not unreasonable IMHO. A 10 min weekly cleaning will keep the mod in prime shape and working like new for as long as you plan to keep it/use it.

I already have a copper Vanilla mod and love it. Also getting a BCV XXIX as soon as they're in full production. Just something about the look of copper I can't get over!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bechang510 View Post
    COPPER COOPPER COPPPPER!! thank you!
    For some copper mod pics, come join us at Copper Mods Anonymous on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram: @janhalili

Quote Originally Posted by LuxeLiquidVapor View Post
    Copper does require more care than brass and a lot more care than SS. But it's not unreasonable IMHO. A 10 min weekly cleaning will keep the mod in prime shape and working like new for as long as you plan to keep it/use it.

I already have a copper Vanilla mod and love it. Also getting a BCV XXIX as soon as they're in full production. Just something about the look of copper I can't get over!!!!
    Ditto! Not harder, but does require more attention than a Brass or SS mod. Also, keep in mind that Cu. is a softer metal, therefore, you will need to be more way more careful when setting it down or putting it in your pocket etc.to avoid major cosmetic blemishes.

thanks I appreciate the reply! I dont know how to like your thing or give you feedback or I would!! awesome mang I might just have to shove out an extra bill to get something sexy, I saw the ember mod and fell in love. or maybe ill just wait til it gets cheaper. either way i gotta get one.

and what do you mean care? like polishing it and cleaning the threads? what else is there to do?

Quote Originally Posted by bechang510 View Post
    and what do you mean care? like polishing it and cleaning the threads? what else is there to do?
    By care I mean just general maintenance.
    If you are going to be cleaning your copper contacts, rub them with a pencil eraser and wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol.
    For the actual mod itself, isopropyl alcohol works fine.
    For the threads, I use some stuff called MEK.
    Copper tends to create a "patina" look overtime if you don't clean/polish it. There are some people who prefer this look over the shiny copper look.
    All preference.
    Good luck finding a copper mod. Dig into the Marketplace and you will find some options out there by great individuals who take care of their mods.
    Last edited by dilli_d; 01-15-2014 at 03:01 PM.

got you, one last question!! how do I clean my brass contacts, what is the best to clean those with? thanks bro!