Kayfun lite plus whistling noise when drawing, why?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Vape Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kayfun lite plus whistling noise when drawing, why?

I just got a kayfun lite + in the mail today. Set it up, its vaping good. One thing that is bothering me however is there is this high pitch noise when taking a drag. If i draw kind of...less hard it does stop. But when i suck at regular strength, it whistles. I hate noises like this, is there any tip or pointers any of you guys have for me? This is my first kayfun style so im kind of lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Just the size of the bore. Also means your getting good airflow through your build. I am thinking you completely removed the bottom airflow screw too? If you want lower your coil a bit into the flow chamber but beware of shorts.
    Instagram: deedupdex
    Facebook: deedupdex
    Come check out some of my builds and say hi!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Straight up.. Fk the kfun lite+. I got one recently and it whistles like nothing ive used before. The draw doesnt feel as smooth as the normal kfun lite. No matter how much u adjust the airflow there will be a whistle.. Pos imo.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about getting one STOP.

Imho, the russian 91% kills the kfun performance wise. The draw can be adjusted to be tight or u can open it up all the way and get more airflow than a stock kfun. The threading on the russian is not the best, but for $70ish, its worth it. Even if the 91% costed $120 id take it over the new klite+
    Last edited by Smplx; 11-19-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Like what Smplx said, the draw on the plus version wasn't as smooth as the original.

CaliVaper Elite BlakePeripherals's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    I tried a lite + and the draw wasn't bad at all. Liked it much better than the Russian 91% and the OG Klite. Personal preference really.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    One way that might help is with a small pointy polishing bit on a Dremel. Polish a small bevel on all holes that are accessible might help with the whistle. Usually a sharp edge somewhere in the airflow path is the cause.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smplx View Post
    Straight up.. Fk the kfun lite+. I got one recently and it whistles like nothing ive used before. The draw doesnt feel as smooth as the normal kfun lite. No matter how much u adjust the airflow there will be a whistle.. Pos imo.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about getting one STOP.

Imho, the russian 91% kills the kfun performance wise. The draw can be adjusted to be tight or u can open it up all the way and get more airflow than a stock kfun. The threading on the russian is not the best, but for $70ish, its worth it. Even if the 91% costed $120 id take it over the new klite+
    Sell me you K fun lite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Weird but my KLP doesn't whistle at all even with the screw all the way off. IMO the draw is a thousand times better on the plus than it was on the OG lite. To each his own I guess.

Vape Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Will7LBC View Post
    Weird but my KLP doesn't whistle at all even with the screw all the way off. IMO the draw is a thousand times better on the plus than it was on the OG lite. To each his own I guess.
    does it leak with the screw off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    does it leak with the screw off
    No it doesn't. It's been in pocket all day and no leaking.