Kayfun lite plus whistling noise when drawing, why?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Kayfun lite plus whistling noise when drawing, why?

I just got a kayfun lite + in the mail today. Set it up, its vaping good. One thing that is bothering me however is there is this high pitch noise when taking a drag. If i draw kind of...less hard it does stop. But when i suck at regular strength, it whistles. I hate noises like this, is there any tip or pointers any of you guys have for me? This is my first kayfun style so im kind of lost.

Just the size of the bore. Also means your getting good airflow through your build. I am thinking you completely removed the bottom airflow screw too? If you want lower your coil a bit into the flow chamber but beware of shorts.
    Instagram: deedupdex
    Facebook: deedupdex
    Come check out some of my builds and say hi!!

Straight up.. Fk the kfun lite+. I got one recently and it whistles like nothing ive used before. The draw doesnt feel as smooth as the normal kfun lite. No matter how much u adjust the airflow there will be a whistle.. Pos imo.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about getting one STOP.

Imho, the russian 91% kills the kfun performance wise. The draw can be adjusted to be tight or u can open it up all the way and get more airflow than a stock kfun. The threading on the russian is not the best, but for $70ish, its worth it. Even if the 91% costed $120 id take it over the new klite+
    Last edited by Smplx; 11-19-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Like what Smplx said, the draw on the plus version wasn't as smooth as the original.

CaliVaper Elite BlakePeripherals's Avatar
    I tried a lite + and the draw wasn't bad at all. Liked it much better than the Russian 91% and the OG Klite. Personal preference really.

Past: Maui, Present: Gardena, Future: Thailand
    One way that might help is with a small pointy polishing bit on a Dremel. Polish a small bevel on all holes that are accessible might help with the whistle. Usually a sharp edge somewhere in the airflow path is the cause.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smplx View Post
    Straight up.. Fk the kfun lite+. I got one recently and it whistles like nothing ive used before. The draw doesnt feel as smooth as the normal kfun lite. No matter how much u adjust the airflow there will be a whistle.. Pos imo.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about getting one STOP.

Imho, the russian 91% kills the kfun performance wise. The draw can be adjusted to be tight or u can open it up all the way and get more airflow than a stock kfun. The threading on the russian is not the best, but for $70ish, its worth it. Even if the 91% costed $120 id take it over the new klite+
    Sell me you K fun lite!

Weird but my KLP doesn't whistle at all even with the screw all the way off. IMO the draw is a thousand times better on the plus than it was on the OG lite. To each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Will7LBC View Post
    Weird but my KLP doesn't whistle at all even with the screw all the way off. IMO the draw is a thousand times better on the plus than it was on the OG lite. To each his own I guess.
    does it leak with the screw off

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    does it leak with the screw off
    No it doesn't. It's been in pocket all day and no leaking.