coil wrap

Thread: coil wrap

coil wrap

so im guessing the more wrap of coil= higher ohm. example 10 wrap could be around 1.3 ohm. 5 wrap could be .7 ohm?

yes no?

i know the gauge wire play a role too.

There's a bunch of factors to getting a certain ohm. Number of wraps, gauge size, what you're actually wrapping, how many coils.

I can do a 3/4 wrap of 28g on my kayfun and get 0.6 ohms, while a 3/4 wrap of 30g will get me a 0.9-1.0 ohms.

What is it that you're actually asking? What are you aiming for? Clouds? Taste? Something that doesn't taste burnt?
    Not enough to be satisfied, but enough to be broke.

#vapefinds #breathefree

something that doesnt taste burnt, what im trying to ask is if we all only have 28g wire you wrap it 5 wraps and i wrap it 10 who will have a higher ohm?

10 wraps. the more wraps there is, the longer it'll take to burn.
    Not enough to be satisfied, but enough to be broke.

#vapefinds #breathefree

CaliVaper
    Regarding more wraps, do micro coils of lets say dual coil 7 wraps achieve low ohms?

Quote Originally Posted by jlo834 View Post
    Regarding more wraps, do micro coils of lets say dual coil 7 wraps achieve low ohms?
    Doing dual coils splits the resistance in half. For example, if you have a single 1 ohm coil and then add an identical coil, you'd have a .5 ohm coil.

CaliVaper
    Quote Originally Posted by ixixmmx View Post
    Doing dual coils splits the resistance in half. For example, if you have a single 1 ohm coil and then add an identical coil, you'd have a .5 ohm coil.
    Thanks! I was wondering how some are able to get like .5-.6 ohms from a dual micro coil that has like 7 wraps on each coil. Or is that not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jlo834 View Post
    Thanks! I was wondering how some are able to get like .5-.6 ohms from a dual micro coil that has like 7 wraps on each coil. Or is that not possible?
    I currently use dual 5 wrap micros at .45 ohm. 7 wraps would probably give you around .55-.5 ohm. That's also considering the inner diameter of your coils. I wrap mine around a 5/64" drill bit. Coils with larger ID will give you higher resistance because it takes a longer length of kanthal to go around each wrap.

CaliVaper
    Quote Originally Posted by ixixmmx View Post
    I currently use dual 5 wrap micros at .45 ohm. 7 wraps would probably give you around .55-.5 ohm. That's also considering the inner diameter of your coils. I wrap mine around a 5/64" drill bit. Coils with larger ID will give you higher resistance because it takes a longer length of kanthal to go around each wrap.
    Many thanks for that clarification!

That's an awesome build right there!