PDA

View Full Version : Review: Eveon by Team Hotwire

jkarlson
07-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Just recieved my Eveon mod by Team Hotwire today. I pre-ordered it about a month or so ago so I was definetly excited when I got the call that I got a package from Nimbus 9 Vapes. After rushing home after work I tore the package open.

Pics(Sorry for the bad phone pics):
In 18490
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s396/jkarlson/20130708_213006_zps4538a28c.jpg
Bottom/SN
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s396/jkarlson/20130708_213017_zps4b67ab19.jpg

Now for the specs...

Looks: This mod definitely has some sex appeal. It has smooth curves, and the slots in the battery tube act as vents(obviously) but also makes it look kinda bad ass. It's made of aircraft grade aluminum. It's extremely light, lighter then the titan, which is a definitely plus! It's telescopic from 18350-18650. The contacts are silver, although I'm not sure if it's pure silver or just silver plated. The threading is extremely smooth. The only complaint/thing I don't like is that it seems really clunky/frail at times. The button/lock mech is extremely innovative and amazing, but it can loosen the bottom with overturn of lock mech, and sometimes crunches the threads.

Locking Mech + Button: To fire the device you can either bottom fire it, or top fire it. To bottom fire you obviously vape as you would with any other bottom fire mod. To top fire it's easy as clenching your fist, or a slight push with the pinky and the clouds come rolling out. Another complaint is that sometimes it's hard as fuckkk to fire. Even full on bottom firing while pushing hard won't make it fire at times(yes, I made sure it was unlocked...) I'm not sure if it was screwed on too tight or what but it eventually fired with ease after playing with it for a minute. The locking mech is probably my favorite of any mod that I've tested. It's also one of the only ones that I can do one-handed with ease. It's as easy as flicking the top right or left. It also "
clicks" when unlocked and locked. Not sure if it was by design but it will either reallly annoy you or you'll really like it. I happen to like it. Even with the occasional no fire, this mod is tops on its button/locking mech.

Performance:
Truthfully, when I pre-ordered it I wasn't expecting much performance wise. I orginally bought it for my girl as her first mech mod, and well...it's now mine because I liked it so much(yes, I will order her her own) I tested mine with a dual coil nimbus at .35 ohms and it fired flawlessly. At first I couldn't get the nimbus to sit flush but with some shimmying it looks great. I wouldn't say it hits as hard as my Poldiac Aname, but it does hit pretty hard, moreso then the Sentinel/Titan/Diablo/Nzonic and some of the other Pinoy mods I've tried. Overall, pretty solid on performance

Pros:
Hard Hitting
Amazing Lock Mech
Great Price(Got mine on pre-order for $140)

Cons:
Seems frail/clunky
Sometimes won't fire

If you have any questions or anything about it feel free to ask.

Thien
07-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I agree with you on how it's frail/flimsy jkarlson but I don't have the same firing problem like you because mine fires perfectly so far. And I also agree that it hits harder then most mods. I haven't tried the poldiac personally but I really want to so I can compare them. But I have a sentinel/Titan/launcher/pipe bomb/nzonic and it hits harder then all of them. I was surprised that it even hits harder then my friends nemesis.

I don't like the look and flimsiness but overall it's a really great mod for the price.

Xanthuz
07-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Hello guys and thanks for the review. The pins are 97% silver as 100% will be too soft. The next batch of Eveons are due to arrive soon

shad0wxb0i
07-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Try adding some lube to the locking mechanism. Unscrew the negative pin and apply some petroleum jelly with a q-tip. *use some sort of cloth when unscrewing to avoid denting the actual pin* The mod will fire and lock/unlock smoother!

socks_and_sandals
07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
just got mine from vape street and i love it!!!!

Thien
07-13-2013, 04:50 PM
I just traded for a podiax and I feel as though it doesn't hit as hard as the eveon. It's still very very hard hitting though. It might be because it has been used I'm not sure

Tenzo
07-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I've been wondering about this mech. Thanks for the insight.