PDA

View Full Version : HCigar Nemesis clone thread problems? (no flush)

LReyes66
03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
So ive been using my Hcigar nemesis clone for 2 weeks straights over my authentic Chi-You mod because well it hits harder and longer (might even consider selling it).Once I got my nemesis magnets and fixed the crunchy button it has been alot better. Its my first mech clone and 2nd mech in total. But a problem ive noticed is that the threadings might not be as smooth when people say the Hcigar is identical 1:1 clone other then maybe the engravings.

Ive noticed that my authentic kfl+ doesnt sit completely flush with a tiny gap. Also, Its sits flush on the 650 tube but using the 490/500 tube theres also a small gap.

Heres it with the 650 tube
http://i.imgur.com/y2ILRDd.jpg?1

Heres it in 490/500 mode
http://i.imgur.com/7IBlgk0.jpg?1

I know its a clone, but is this a known problem for Hcigar clones or am I just unlucky with this batch?

the_skeptik
03-04-2014, 08:11 PM
It's a clone. I've heard people say that they are spot on to the originals but I haven't seen one that is yet. It's always something that is off by a hair on those things. My nearest vape shop carries the hcigar line and it's almost humorous how you can go through a bunch of them and find something a little off in different areas on all of them.

LReyes66
03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah I know. I was hoping just by looking at it, it wouldn't be too obvious. Damn tiny gaps makes me feel insecure lolol.

I've compared my real chiyou to my friends hcigar chiyou and it looks almost identical until u feel the etched and look at the serial number with great threading so I had high hopes for this hcigar nemmy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

phaM
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Did you adjust the pin? My kayfun sits flush both on my hcigar and fasttech nemesis. Try putting you kayfun in first then screw in the pin. Then connect it to your mod.

LReyes66
03-04-2014, 10:11 PM
of course ive done that lol. Even with the contact screw completely off it doesnt attach all the way. #Threadingproblems

Theres either not enough threading on the nemmy for the kayfun to fully go down or the kayfuns threading it too long. I put on my r91 which is short and less threading and it fits more flush but still a tiny tiny gap on one side.

Sucks, I purposely avoided fasttech/tobeco clones cause I wanted to avoid these small problems

phaM
03-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Hmm..weird. I actually like my fasttech nemmy over the hcigar.

dilznic
03-05-2014, 12:06 AM
LReyes66 I have the same problem on my no logo HCigar nemesis clone. All my atties sit slightly crooked on it. Especially noticeable with the KFL.
That was my first and last clone.

LReyes66
03-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Lol wrd on last clone. I guess if I just needed a mech just so I could sub ohm it would be fine but can't show this off without feeling ashamed

skrilla
03-05-2014, 07:02 AM
The Hcigar Nemesis I have doesn't give me that issue, everything sits flush with it and it hits amazing. Maybe bad luck?

Fatboy_Eric
03-05-2014, 08:38 AM
did you back out the center pin enough? I have sold a number of nemesis (HCigar) in the past and none of them had a problem with atty's not sitting flush.

Bronthedon
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I never seen this problem on a clone also...try completely taking out the positive pin...screw the Kayfun on the top cap flush, screw positive pin till it makes contact with the Kayfun, then just adjust all the way down to the bottom cap if needed. 1:1 should be spot on threading wise and be interchangeable with an authentic nemesis

Bronthedon
03-05-2014, 06:31 PM
I take that back, the Caravela clones gave everyone problems...the positive pin was too long to use in 18650 mode...left a small gap somewhere. Needed to be shaved down in order to be flush

クラウド
03-05-2014, 07:13 PM
of course ive done that lol. Even with the contact screw completely off it doesnt attach all the way. #Threadingproblems

Theres either not enough threading on the nemmy for the kayfun to fully go down or the kayfuns threading it too long. I put on my r91 which is short and less threading and it fits more flush but still a tiny tiny gap on one side.

Sucks, I purposely avoided fasttech/tobeco clones cause I wanted to avoid these small problems

Maybe shave the kayfun?

Lee

LReyes66
03-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Lol not shaving a authentic kayfun for a nemmy clone. Oh well ordered the new copper stingray... Just gonna deal with the nemmy til it get here

TexasVape
03-06-2014, 07:40 AM
I've had a HCigar a FastTech and now have an authentic... The Hcigar was better than the fast tech forsure most Drippers would sit flush but I only ever used 18650... the FastTech had way worse threading, just wasn't smooth.. The authentic is like butter seriously so much better.